Thursday, October 20, 2022

Activity 3 Group Project: Demographic & Psychographic Target Audience

 What are demographics?

Demographics are characteristics of an audience that have been categorized by distinct criteria like age, gender and income.

What are psychographics?

Psychographics are consumers or an audience based on their interests, activities and opinions.

What is a target audience?

The intended audience of a media catered specifically to said intended audience.

This assignment is a group project PowerPoint based of the mise en scene elements of a film opening. The objective of this specific slide was to define and study the demographic and psychographic elements of a target audience. We were to name five characteristics of each concept.


Experience working in a group
Me and my teammates split up the PowerPoint into three sections, me being responsible for the first set of slides and my teammates (Alessandro P. and Diviana R.) the other two sections. The slide above was completed by me.

What I learned
This assignment has taught me the two different ways to target an audience. I always knew there were various ways in which a film maker can cater to their intended audience but never knew the terms for it. Now I know for when we start getting ready to make our film, what to target, whether I decide psychographic, demographic, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  My creative critical reflection! I loved putting this PowerPoint together and making it match the film created with our group.