Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Introduction to Mise en scene Codes Organizer slide

The objective of this assignment was to analyze the elements of setting, acting, costumes, hair, and makeup and how they supported the genre of a film opening, which in my case was La Llorona (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgTJx8O3PYI). 

These slides are a part of the whole assignment (originally a PowerPoint). They provide examples of mise en scene codes taken from the movie as well as definitions and then put into an organizer.



Experience working in a group
Me and my teammates split up the PowerPoint into three sections, me being responsible for the first set of slides and my teammates (Alessandro P. and Diviana R.) the other two sections. The slides above were completed by me.

What did I learn?
From this specific section of the PowerPoint, I was able to further dive into the movie in order to search for scene examples. This helped me further appreciate the effort and small details of the movie. Before taking media studies, I never really paid attention to all the aspects of a film, mostly the acting. This assignment has further helped me understand how to look at a film through an entirely different perspective, like a filmmaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  My creative critical reflection! I loved putting this PowerPoint together and making it match the film created with our group.