Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Welcome to my AICE Media Studies Blog!

We consume media every day, whether that be through watching television, using our phones, or working with computers. I especially use media quite often, pretty much every day. We have come to a point in time where media is incorporated into almost everything we do, especially digital media. For example, people in my age group tend to use cellphones almost every day. We use cellphones to call, text, post on social media, and much more. This is why it's important to study media, to learn the different ways the world communicates with us through media. I especially find the group projects, film notes, and posters the most interesting factors in media studies, the class is like a creative outlet.

Now, I will be documenting an opening film on this blog. What type of film? I've always found the film "scary movie" to be very funny and entertaining. Taking inspiration from this, I'll be creating a comedy horror movie with the target audience being for teens and young adults. I want the film to look scary but make the audience laugh. I'll need to learn how to edit things like lighting, sound, and camera angles throughout this course. The film will be ready to be released by the end of this year.

There are many strategies I will need when it comes to creating my film and documenting my blogging journey. The four most important skills I will be needing, however, are patience, dedication, creativity, and responsibility. Making a film, even if it's just an opening, is a lengthy process that takes time. Building onto your skills and knowledge of media, editing, and making the film requires patience, it's a lot to learn and do. It being such a long process, means being able to follow along every step of the way. You need to dedicate yourself in order to do so. What's the point of making a film if it's going to be plain? Creativity gets the mind going and you need to use it to come up with ideas for your film. Being responsible is also a big factor. Submitting assignments late, not keeping up with directions or just not being on top of things can mess with the whole process and make the journey to creating a film harder. All these success skills must be taken seriously in order to complete my component 1 blog with a high score.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  My creative critical reflection! I loved putting this PowerPoint together and making it match the film created with our group.