Thursday, January 5, 2023

Introduction to Camera Movement Research

What is camera movement? Camera movement is a filmmaking technique that causes a change in frame or perspective through the movement of the camera. 

How is camera movement useful in film? Camera movement shifts the audience's view without cutting and can be used to make a film more immersive and engaging.

Who is responsible for camera movement in production? Cinematographers and directors.

2 famous people in the film industry and 3 movies that they worked on:

Roger Deakins

-1917(2019)

-Blade Runner 2049(2017)

-Sicario(2015)


Chung-hoon Chung

-Last Night in Soho(2021)

-It(2017)

-Uncharted(2022)

A camera movement I already knew about was tilt. This is a camera movement I see often in films with big characters or settings. The best example of this camera movement is in Jurassic Park when camera tilts are used to portray the size of the dinosaurs.

Another camera movement technique I already knew about is camera zoom. I remember when I used to binge the office, I always noticed the sudden zooms on characters that would add comedic effect, especially if they were breaking the fourth wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  My creative critical reflection! I loved putting this PowerPoint together and making it match the film created with our group.